Tuesday, December 8, 2009

DON'T TALK TO ME! Awkward Shopping...



While shopping with my boyfriend yesterday, we say some friends at our local mall. The funny thing was, as much as we see and talk to these people, it was pretty awkward. This led to a discussion. Think about it... when you run into someone you know while shopping, how superficial is the conversation, if any, until you both go on about your business? I am a pretty social person, and even I find this uncomfortable. Unless it is a good friend that I end up tagging along with, or going to the food court to share a tasty snack, it is just plain weird to see people in this context! I know that friends go shopping together, which is totally ok, but even if I am out with friends and see someone else I know it is weird to stand and talk to them!

But why? Is it because there isn't a bar, or any other kind of socially encouraging factor in the mix? Is it because shopping is a personal activity? Is it because people just prefer to shop alone? What do you think kiddos?
Either way, I love you, but it is AWKWARD to run into you when I shop!
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment